Monday, April 17, 2006

////

How do I LOATHE monday mornings?.... let me count the ways....

So I sit here in class. Completely and utterly zoned out. Who's great fucking idea was it to stick of room full of hands-on, artsy-fartsy design students in a 3 hour lecture class on the technical layouts of print files at 8:30 on a monday morning??!?!? Stupid bastards! Insipid morons!

I glance around and notice at least 4 other students, at this very moment are losing their battle against nodding off and drooling all over their keyboards as the teacher drones on about how exciting it can be to create brochures using a duotone process. I hear words like POSTSCRIPT and VECTOR and RASTERIZING IMAGES and can't recall for the life of me what exactly they mean. I suppose it's good I can at least recognize that I'm supposed to know what they mean. Though, not such a good thing that I can't recall them and I'm graduating in 8 weeks.

Nobody's paying attention, yet he keeps asking questions that nobody can (or will) answer. Then stands there "anybody? any ideas? anyone?.....no? OK let me tell you" and off he goes yammering about bleed and trim lines. Once again quips "does everyone understand? any questions.. no?"

The class is silent, we've all either dozed off in the dimmed light near the back of the room or just given up on the hope of there being any good in the world and passed out from hopelessness...
DEAR GOD WHY???? WHY, why WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!!?

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment