Thursday, April 27, 2006

////

The beer alteration chronicels

The beer snob's 12 step program


(The Introduction)
Hello, my name is Beth, I am a brew snob. I just can't seem to bring myself to gag down a bad beer. I'd rather be at a party drinking a water than a Miller lite. ACK!
I'm here because I believe I finally hit rock bottom Last Friday. A night of friends, music and beer. I would have loved to join in the drinking all night (which ended somewhere around 5am). Unfortunately since I started tossing back microbrews right from the start by the 4th one I was already so buzzed I could hardly see straight. At some point I may or may not have put down another one or two but even so by the time we headed over to the Horsehead I was nursing ice water so that I could at the very least give directions back to my house later on.
The water sipping continued through out the rest of the night and I do feel bitter about this. At some point there were group shots being taken, beers being passed around and couple rounds of drinking games. All of which I had to sideline to avoid passing out face first on the porch or where ever I might have been.
Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that I needed to join this 12 step program. 12 steps to the appreciation of lighter beers. Crappy beer does have it's advantages as many of you already know... things such as $1 pabst nights (never get that if you're a Lagunitas fan) Nearly half the calories, and the the wonders that come of being able to drink all night without getting so incredibly blitzed that I can't remeber if the band was any good or not.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment