Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You Haven't Seen A Live Show Till You've Seen TPDR

Maybe I should let the show I just got back from settle before posting about it. But I can't. There aren't words to describe what I just witnessed and I don't think any amount of time will change that. Holy. Fuck.

I didn't know that it was possible to have that much energy, to fill a room with camaraderie and love and hope and excitement. I didn't know it was possible to make me jump up and down, dancing my face off non-stop for 50 minutes... at least without threat of death. I didn't know you could turn Mississippi Studios into a giant blanket fort in your friend's parents basement and get even the most snobbarific Portland hipster to crack a smile and do more than bob their head. That, my friends, is Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt. All of that said it's, especially impressive to know that tonight's all digital, (nearly) one-man show was probably an unusual happening as TPDR is generally known for having a cacophony of rotating musicians filling the floor and stage.

The only thing that could have made it better? Remembering to clear space on my memory card so that it wouldn't have crapped out while we were in the beating heart-like parachute of awesomeness. DOH! But you know that if this kind of rave is coming from ME, of all people, about dance music, they must be something SERIOUSLY special.

If you're intrigued and want to know more about Terror Pigeon, check out their spot on NPR. INCREDIBLE photos from their show at SXSW,  an interview with lead singer Neil Fridd, Or see what they're up to on the TPDR's facebook.






0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment